The biggest collection of MySpace 2.0 Layouts online
MySpaceLayouts

Saturday, November 15, 2008

uh.yeah.


 Some people, {okay, mostly Warren} are just like- "What is it about the Twilight thing?"

Well. A few things. First- I think that it is important for people to remember that these people are actors. If there was a real Edward Cullen, I would stalk him as well, but this {even though he is a very good looking person} Robert Pattinson is not Edward Cullen. I want to emphasize that all us girlies are in love with Edward. 

Okay. So it is just a great story, a really great love story. It is something to think about that isn't diapers and fighting kids, and work, and bills, and the economy, and health care- the lack thereof, and poverty, and Prop 8- It's just so nice to loose yourself in something that takes my mind off everything but. What's the difference when you men are sucked into a game? I don't have a "Twilight" ball cap. Okay. not yet. I am sorry, but i have seen die-hard sports fans that have a lot more crazy in them then some of us Twilighters. It's because it's fun to have something to love. Something to talk about, something to obsess about. We Americans are obsessive, so get off! No, but for me it's fun to see the video's online, the interviews, and have something to look forward to. Nothing wrong with that. Next thing. The story makes you feel that love can exist like that. For me, I met Warren at 17, and people thought I was crazy and wondered how in the world i could know he was the one at that age. It can exist like that. And I like that whole element of the story. They are young, well she is, and i felt like Warren was 100 years older than me when we met- he had just come back from Russia, and I had just come back from a Drama trip to Disneyland. lol. It's just fun to see such a unique story, but with such relatable elements. I don't generally like Sci-fi. This one is just cool. And how many movies, books, yada yada are set in High School? It's just a fun time of life. That's why. Okay. so I also love how Stephenie Meyer went and took "vampires" off the black list. They aren't these evil nasty creatures. I also love sequels. Who doesn't? I mean think of those lame-o's who are addicted to soap operas! Those go on FOREVER! 4 books just don't seem so long eh? I loved devouring {no pun intended ha ha } the Harry Potters one after the other. Sequels give us a chance to connect with the characters even more, why wouldn't we be die hard fans? Movies, sports, music, art, books, are all things that entertain us. It's fun. We have these things to add satisfaction in our lives. I am just as obsessed with LOST, The OC- when it used to be on, The Office (no spoilers please, we are on season 3 disk 3), Desperate Housewives, American Idol {did you all buy David's new cd? It's great.} who's kidding? I could go on forever......
"Men are that they might have joy." I will be full of joy on Nov 21st. Ha ha ha . 

4 comments:

Vickie said...

Well said my friend!

I'm soooo excited for Friday!! (Still haven't heard from Natalie--I'll let you know the second I do.)

Megan said...

I completely agree!

Jodi said...

Yay... I totally have my tickets in hand to a midnight show on Thursday night! The next day will be hard to even function but SO worth it! I really hope it captures all that the book does if that's even possible.

The Weston's said...

No kidding, I just saw the hours column of the live ticker turn to "0"-holy FREAK!!!!!!!!!!!The time has finally come! To all the ladies out there, CONGRATS!!