The biggest collection of MySpace 2.0 Layouts online
MySpaceLayouts

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hail to the Chief!

Tonight was Clayton Brough's (a.k.a. "Chief" throughout the Channel 4 newsroom)last broadcast as weatherman on Channel 4.  Taisley and I got to go see his last show and congratulate him on his retirement.  He has been in TV weather for 30 years!  I worked under him my senior year at the U of U as an intern and learned a great deal from him.  He helped me overcome a few major challenges I had my last year of college.  (Anyone know the Physical Meteorology class story?) He also sat with me patiently as I tried to learn the green screen at the station and how to not look like an idiot on TV, as we made my first tape.  As much as I learned from him regarding implementation of  climatology into meteorology, I learned more about being a man and life in general.  We had a great time working together and our most memorable moment together came last this last January.  As we were preparing the forecast for the evening news, and looking at the most recent model runs, we both commented how we felt like the mountains of Northern Utah could easily see 10-15 feet of snow in the next 2 weeks.  We wrote down our forecast for the purpose of verifying it 2 weeks later so see if we were cool or crazy.  We also went conservative on the news and said 8-12 feet in 2 weeks.  We were dead on, and several reporting stations in the Uinta Mountains had nearly 12 feet of fresh snow.  We laughed and celebrated our ridiculous forecast that miraculously verified, with lunch and laughs.  Anyhow, this is a good man and he has retired.  He has taught school on the weekdays, and done TV on the weekends for 20+ years.  I sure love him and wish him the best.  

1 comment:

Erika said...

Justin was sad to see that Brough is retiring, he is a good guy. Hey do you guys want to dinner this week sometime? Wednesday or Saturday? Let us know.