The biggest collection of MySpace 2.0 Layouts online
MySpaceLayouts

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Body Worlds


We went to the Body Worlds exhibit yesterday, and it was so interesting. {sorry Kemps!!!} I totally lost it when we got to the fetuses. They had a baby fetus at each week right up until it was supposed to be born. It was fascinating. The 9 week baby was amazing. It had all the parts and you could even see the hands- all the size of a penny. Even though i have had 3 and seen pic after pic of what it supposedly looks like at each stage- these were real. They were alive at some point. I also thought of my sister when she miscarried, {and other of my dear friends who have been through that} and just cried and cried. It was really worth the ridiculous price :) It was a nice date together, still making up for lost time :)

4 comments:

Vickie said...

I've wondered about seeing this. It seems just too icky for me but I'm so curious about seeing the fetus. hmmm...maybe I'll have to suck it up and just take a barf bag with me when I see it. lol.

Erika said...

We saw it in New York 2 years ago, and Justin LOVED it (it's the doctor in him.) I thought it was interesting and disgusting all at the same time. I mostly liked the blood vessels and nervous system room.

Glad you guys enjoyed it.

Jodi said...

The baby display was by far my favorite part of the whole exhibit. Although my inner cheapskate still thinks it was too expensive!

Do you guys still wanna get together sometime? Let us know!

Tonya Joy said...

Hey cute stuff! I am just now getting to read people's blogs - life's crazy busy . . . but I had to comment - I didn't know you went, or maybe I did and didn't pay attention - I don't know if I could have gone through the baby ones - just too much! I don't know if I could really go through and look at everything . . . my hubby would LOVE it though.