The biggest collection of MySpace 2.0 Layouts online
MySpaceLayouts

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Tango Whiskey Two Niner Niner Zero

As much as I hate to slide Taisley's most recent post down a notch on the page, I thought I would do a blogging (my second EVER) and get everyone up to speed.  This will not contain cool pictures or any of that, as I do not fully know how to do all that.  Taisley did accompany me on the exciting drive to Oklahoma City, 1280 miles away.  We stayed at the airport Hilton and now I hate driving down that street as it reminds me of her and little Sawyer.  It is hard to be away from Taisley, Everett, Benny, and Sawyer.  I had not cried so much since the Broncos won the Super Bowl and leaving my mission in Russia.  So, of course as most of you know, I was hired as an Air Traffic Controller for the Salt Lake En-route Center.  This is not the tower, but one of 21 federal facilities that handle traffic while they are at higher altitudes and in-between airports.  Salt Lake Center airspace encompasses Montana, Western S. and N. Dakota, Idaho, SW Wyoming, E. Nevada and All of Utah down to Bryce Canyon-Just in case you were wondering.  So, I have completed the 1st week of training.  I have been sworn in as a civil govt. employee ("So help me God" with my hand raised to the square) and have received EXTENSIVE sexual harassment training.  No kidding-hours and hours.  I've endured many lectures on government benefits, ATC (air traffic control) payscales, retirements, etc.  We even managed to squeak a few lessons pertaining to the National Airspace System, airports, runways and their associated markings and lightings, and boring procedure manuals and stuff.  I have a test Monday morning which I must receive a 90 or higher on.  Lots of fun.  Then the real training begins-traffic flow procedures, radar separation, non-radar, and lost of other stuff that would mean nothing to you all so I'll stop there.  Lots of cool kids in my class.  A few going to Salt Lake Center, Denver Center, Seattle, Miami, and Memphis.  I have been on the 7am-3:30pm shift, so I have had some free time.  I have already seen Hancock and the new Dark Knight Batman movie (intense and amazing) and have beat the New England Patriots 3 times on Madden NFL for X-Box and spent hours golfing on Tiger Woods digital golf course.  I live in a large house in an Oklahoma City suburb (Moore) and have a king size bed (go figure) which I only use 1/4 of (other 3/4 typically occupied by Taisley and several boys).  I sure miss Taisley and the boys.  I hate seeing families here with kids.  I teared up today at the mall (Oh yeah, I said it-the mall)when I went by the playground area.  They say "Time apart is good for the heart" but mine still hurts.  I will surely appreciate them and be more patient and caring as a result of this, so maybe that is good.  I have a new found respect for the men and women in the military who leave for much longer periods of time and also for the pioneers who endured so much that they are likely making fun of my current struggles.  Anyways, on a lighter note, here are some funny and interesting events that have already happened.  
* Heard first ever tornado alarm (just a practice drill, but I'm hoping :)
*Ate at Toby Keith's restaurant
*Listened to 100's of Texan jokes
*Saw (from the road) a bar with an INDOOR Rodeo in the center of the bar (Peeuuuwwww)
*Yet to see a Mormon church
*Been asked how many wives I have
*I saw the trailer to "TWILIGHT" and went "BOOOOOOO" in front of 500 people, all of which laughed.  I did it in a playful manner (because it actually looked good) and I said, "My wife's 1300 miles away so I can do that," and every man in the house knew.  Women out there:  I was KIDDING!  Don't hate me-Like I said, Edward looked good and the movie now intrigues me.

1 week down, 16 to go!  Bring it!

*

6 comments:

The Weston's said...

I miss you pook

Erika said...

We miss you too, Warren! Keep up the posts because they make us laugh. I love that you've already been to the mall AND booed the Twilight trailer! So much accomplished in one week! :) Keep it up, we're rooting for you!

Vickie said...

We miss you too Warren. Keep the updates coming--it's fun to hear what you're up to. Taisley told us about being the designated driver the other night. haha...so funny.

We in Minnesota said...

Okay, Wow!! First of all, again, what talent with the picture taking. All the kids are so cute. I loved seeing the picture of Roxie. Tell her I miss her. 4 months away from each other!!!???? Holy Oklahoma, Batman!! You can both do it. It may suck to be you at certain times, but you can do it. You have to. It's called life.
Thanks for letting me into your lives again.
Lisa Amott

~..kass..~ said...

it is really the coolest thing! There is like a little bar that rolls on the ground in front of it that makes the wheels/blades turn. I was SO impressed after about 2 pushes lol I am a nerd I know :D

Amy and the boys said...

What a cute post. You Utahns- crack me up. Welcome to the REAL world!

Whenever Rob leaves to do his rotations at dental clinics, he has the whole bed, goes to movies, eats out, while I'm home with the kids. Yup, y'all got it hard. ;)

j/k I know it is torture to be away from your family for a long period of time(not for Rob- his has only been a week at a time).

Good luck. Keep busy. And in the future, this time apart will seem so far away. Good thing for blogs, email, text messaging, etc.