The biggest collection of MySpace 2.0 Layouts online
MySpaceLayouts

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

{in the voice of Ryan Seacrest} This is American Idol!


12 hours later- It's a no. But here is the low down from one of the most interesting days I've ever had!
We arrived at 5 am to wait and wait and wait outside the Energy solutions Arena till finally at 8 am they let us in to sit in our seats. It was crazy- we watched a movie on Sara's laptop outside and then we had to throw away all our snacks as we entered the arena- crappy! We had assigned seats- They said there were around 7000 peeps there. 

We filmed a ton of crowd stuff before they even started auditioning. If you don't know - there are 2 rounds of producers that you have to make it through before you ever get to see the 3-They weren't even there today- The people who went onto the next round have to come back tomorrow- anyways- it was so hard to be patient! But there was just enough people watching to do that i didn't get any reading done at all!
Here's a pic of all the booths that we were cattled into.
Highlights:
*Met Justin Guarrrinnniiii!@#$!@#% ? (spelling) So hilarious! Nobody cared! {The girlie taking this pic was NOT techni-savy}

*Got close to Ryan Seacrest during all those silly shoots where he stands in the crowd and says a few lines- totally hilarious, he acts just like he does on TV- He was really nice to people giving hugs, pics, etc. People were so dumb screaming stuff like "I want to have Ryan's baby!" and "I love Ryan's butt!" "I love it more!" LOL

*Saw my old friend from Tuacahn High School - Mikaline who made it to the next round! She's an amazing country singer- watch for her- 
*Saw an old boyfriend of Sara's that went off the deep end after a car wreck and coma- here's a pic to show what i mean- he will no doubt be on the show~! {That's him in the heels- oh yes HIM i said}
*Met so many cool people and there were way too many great singers- we saw them let go a ton. There were people that had flown in from everywhere! Oregon, Cali, and even Brazil.
*Guarantee that i was the only one with a breast pump in my purse :)
*{Gold medal} After waiting in the concession line for an hour and a half- that's right- no joke for a nasty overpriced pretzel-  i bought 2 and sold one to a guy at the end of the line for $10! It was awesome!
In conclusion: I am rusty and therefore not the next American Idol, but I am an American, and therefore enjoy watching the good- the bad -and the ugly. I am forever apart of the history of American Idol season 8! I have a killer blister on my heel, am butt tired, but I am an even bigger fan after today! Can't wait to watch it!

7 comments:

~..kass..~ said...

Sounds like quite the adventure! I think it is awesome! And the dude with the heels wow, how sad!

Erika said...

Too bad, but that's awesome that you tried. I can't believe the craziness! Especially that boy in heels. YIKES!

Tonya Joy said...

holy cow sis - I'm so excited you were there . . . and Justin Guarini??? He's so cute! Was he nice??

Justin and Kenzee said...

You should win a recording contract just for putting up with the process! That's great that you went for it. I remember Mikalene... she does have a great voice. Hopefully we'll see her on the show.

Amy said...

So, I'll admit... I have been a bad friend. I was going to ask you all about the try outs but I feel like I never see you. We talk more on Blogs than we do in real life, and we're just a door away. GAY! Anyway, I'm proud of you for trying out and I'm glad you had a lot of fun.
(4 more hours till Breaking Dawn! You won't see me much this weekend)

Chelsey said...

You are so funny! I remember in elementary when you sang the Phantom of the opera and I thought you were AMAZING. No joke! I have always thought you sang good, and you totally should have made it.

Nate and Jacque Holt said...

better luck next time...well probably no next time, but how fun anyway. Nate is trying to get me to try out here in NYC in a couple weeks. we'll see.