My favorite all-time musical goes to: Aida
I saw this when it first opened in NYC with Heather Headley- It is amazing! Then i went to it twice when it came to SLC- The story is amazing- costumes are fantastic, music is unforgetable, and if you want a clean, fun, and inspiring muscial that the whole family can enjoy- take them to this one!

Close second goes to:Mamma Mia!
I have to admit i never listened to ABBA before this- The way they wrote the story line around the existing music is so cool! Cute love story, and the audience is crazy- i must have been one of the only ones who wasn't dancing and singing from my seat during the finale. I saw this in LA when it first opened and i would love to see it again!
Hairspray (I know! i need to borrow it from Erika!) Legally Blonde the Musical, The Wedding Singer the musical (really want to take Warren to this one- he loves the movie), The little Mermaid the musical, Titanic a new musical, Mary Poppins the musical, Dreamgirls (I know again! I just need to rent it), How to succeed in business without really trying (we did this in high school, and i've seen the movie, but i want to see it on Broadway!), A chorus Line, 25th annual Putnam Spelling Bee (This one won a bunch of Tony awards) Sweeny Todd (Don't need to see this on Broadway- I think I will just rent a little Jhonny Depp) Grease- Didn't that Max kid win? I think we voted for him




Weirdest Musical goes to: (there's more than one!)

Jesus Christ Superstar (haven't actually seen it, but the music is weird enough-actually the title is weird enough!!!)

Spamlot- WHAT THE? All i have to say is that Clay Aiken looks freakin weird- no thanks

Seussical the Musical (all i can say is ???????????) and i HAVE seen this- so i can judge accordingly
and YES Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (although having performed in this) is still a weird!!! "go go Joe, go go Joe" It's phycotic! Andrew Loyd Webber wrote it when he was 17- go figure. Joseph is also the most overdone musical in the state of Utah- if you don't believe me take a trip to Saint George Musical Theater
Okay- Cats is plain weird. Besides "Memory" can you name any other songs? I doubt it. Didn't care for the movie and i passed up seeing it in NYC before it closed after 18 years! (longest running musical in history- seriously) ???????
My Classics are:
Les Miserables and Phantom of the Opera- Honestly i don't know how many times i have seen these on Broadway! don't ask me which one i like better :)


Music Man- saw it in NYC- loved it
Miss Siagon- saw it in NYC- LOVE IT! Made me cry- has a real helicopter land on the stage in it :)
Rent- saw it in NYC- Okay so here is a controversal one- Yes it has some "alternative" lifestyles in it, and Yes there are a few crude instances, but people!! the story was written by a man who was dying of aids and didn't live to see it open on Broadway- it's about people who live it rough, and the song "Seasons of Love" still makes me tear up whenever i hear it- I loved this one, loved the movie they made, and would love to see it again on Broadway
Kiss me Kate- saw it in NYC- I believe that i fell asleep during this one
Evita- I've only seen the movie- and i hate Madonna, so i guess i'd like to see it on Broadway then i can make a true judgement

Caberet- I've only seen the movie of this one too- LOVE Bob Fosse though, so the choreography is awesome!
The Civil War- Saw this in SLC- It must have been just okay, because i don't remember much about it

Beauty and the Beast- saw it in NYC- met some of the cast-Who wouldn't love this one? It was darling- and there are new songs that have been added- I would love to see this one again!

























5 comments:
Wow! You've seen a ton! How fun. The one that tops me "really really want to see" list is Wicked. I'm dying to see that one. I absolutely love the music. But 2 years ago right before Audrey was born we got to see Movin Up here in SL. It was really fun. Have you seen that one? Kent loved it because of the Billy Joel music. I love your list. I really want to see a bunch on your list.
Hello! This is karlee Larson (now lemon..) Found you through Jacque Bair/Holt (shes now my cousin)and I thought I would say hello. Your boys are SO cute!! Its so fun to see where life has taken people.
To talk about the shows..
I have seen Aida, Wicked, Legally Blond, Wedding Singer, Tarzan, Les Mis and Spelling Bee all in NYC and love them all! I hear Wicked is coming to SLC next year and you HAVE to see it. So good. What is this Titanic one? Weird.. Good review! Fun to read and make me remember fun times.
Hooray for theatre! It's good to see that other people are still talking about shows, cuz I always am!
Yes, wicked is coming to Capitol Theatre in their 09' season! You should definately see it! I saw it in L.A. and loved it. Did you go on the NYC trip with Saxton? I can't remember who went. So I just remembered that we went to L.A. together with the Saxton crew and saw Mamma Mia and Lion King!
Wicked in NYC was by far the best one I saw! I've seen a lot of your list as well, and it has a few I also want to see. You and I should go to NY and see them! Leave the boys at home to watch basketball. :)
Post a Comment