Archuleta that is....
I can't even get through the phone lines to vote, but I've tried a dozen times, so count 12 votes for us!
I'm just so dang proud of this kid- Tonight at Enrichment it was all the talk- {There are YW in the ward who go to school with him,(or did I should say) My neighbor's son is on the same baseball team with his little brother, and it was exciting to hear more about the Archuletta family.} There is such a hometown pride around here. Seeing him succeed makes me feel a little like living an old dream through him. It's interesting to think about it all now that i have an "adult" brain and have a family and can see things that i didn't see when i was young-er. At the point in my life when i thought that was what i wanted too, there was nothing i could say that i would MISS - It's weird to think of his world transforming. His life will never be the same!
Thinking about it all- here is my list of things i would miss- to be fair (because now i am so much older and wiser) -i have to make this list from my perspective NOW.
Things I would miss:
Going to the grocery store in my pj's and greasy hair
Knowing my friends are my friends just because they are my friends
Having no expectations to be anything more
Having options to be whatever I wanted to be- (after this he IS a singer and America Idol and that defines him forever)
Being a member of the LDS church without having to "prove" or "watch" myself as he will now have to do -well not HAVE to, but people already ask him all about it
I would be scared for the consequences it all might have on my kids- not just the time it would take away from them, but just the whole high profile under the microscope life
I enjoy not having much to do- Okay that's a lie, but when I go through a "down-time" phase it's nice to have nothing to do for a while- he will never have that now
Not that the money wouldn't be nice, but the less you have- the less you have to worry about
My hometown- you can't do what he is going to do from Murray- he will HAVE to move to the city
Just being able to list your name and number in the phone book
Being in our own little world
Things i wouldn't miss?
Wondering my exact purpose or calling- you win IDol and you pretty much know what it is!
Watching people around me suffer financially- i would be able to throw money their way
Making a car payment-
Cooking for myself- I'm sorry, but i would have a personal chef- how nice would that be!
Hoping i had a bulk sum for our kids' future
Cleaning a toilet- i wouldn't ever do it again
Hoping my creations get picked up by someone- when you are famous you can sell cologne in your name if you want
Saving money for a vacation- i would travel travel travel-
Well- I am sure he will win, not that it really matters at this point because he has already made a career for himself- but we are all rooting for him here in Murray! And it's been fun for Warren and i to spend Tues and weds nights together on the couch- now what will we do?!





7 comments:
Oh Taisley!! Your new baby Sawyer is ADORABLE!! 8 lbs 4 0z?? Out of your little body... I'm impressed!
Glad it all went well!
I too love David... He is SOOO GOOD! Can't wait for the results tonight... He won!! I know it!!
Your little guy is so cute. And he is getting so big. I hope I have a chubby baby this time. My girls are so tiny and nothing ever fits them.
Soo sorry little sister - I'm 100% for David Cook.
After the results tonight I'm as disappointed as you. Dang!! I have never voted until this season either. David Cook did look genuinly surprised I thought.
Well he will be a record selling artist anyway that is for sure!
I love the picture of you waiting at the table for him- that is hilarious! I saw on Foxnews.com that he didn't win. So sorry Tais!! But all I can say is that sometimes, the ones who don't win, seem to go even farther. So don't forget that!
Ok so you have the cutest boys in the world! And David Archuletta...so awesome... But really isn't he the cutest thing ever. I hope he makes it without having the Britney syndrome(if you know what I mean).
Anyhoo, it's been fun talking to you more and I a equally delighted to have another blog to keep me busy.
Post a Comment