Hello! It feels so great to be on the internet thousands of miles away. Seriously. It's funny how helpless I feel without my phone! haha. It is AMAZING here. The plane ride from NYC wasn't bad at all. 4 hours. But when we got to JFK they had switched the plane we were supposed to take with a plane that had 50 less seats and it was mass chaos. They were begging patrons to take a flight the next day in exchange for $600, a first class upgrade and hotel accommodations that night. Obviously that didn't work for us. We had to switch seats ALL around once we were in so Warren and I could sit together because they had messed up all the seat assignments too. Gotta love Delta. I was most worried about this flight because it is 8 hours and I needed to make sure to walk around but I also wanted to sleep. There was no sleep to be had. haha. Warren was sweet and let me prop up my feet on him and we watched the movie "MUD". I read, we chatted and people watched and took 15 trips to the bathrooms. First thing I noticed when we were on the plane is how the Czech people all have similar eyes. I don't know how to explain it but they have really prominent facial features that make them all "match". They served a disgusting dinner and a HILARIOUS lil breakfast on the plane. Warren and I were CRACKING up when we got our miniscule orange juice containers. And a wipe that said " "refresh yourself" LOL. After traveling all that way that's TOTALLY going to do it for us! Anyway after flying through the night last we arrived here in Prague around 10:30 AM local time which was the middle of the night to us. The definition of Jet Lag. The Prague airport is cute and quaint and clean and nice. We had a nice lil Czech van driver take us to our hotel here- which is PIMP! We settled in, showered and decided to take a walk to find some grub. We found a nice little pizza joint a block away. We figured at a price of $5 a pizza that they would be a little personal pan size. NOPE! haha we both ended up with gigantic pizzas and tiny winy little drinks. After that we sauntered down some really cool alley's throughout the Jewish corner. We were coming down one street and I looked far down and INSTANTLY felt a sense of reverence. I almost teared up. As we we came to the end of the street we saw we were at one of the famous Jewish cemeteries {officially touring there tomorrow} where they buried body on body on body for hundreds of years because Jews could only be buried on their own ground and there were only so many places left. It was completely shocking to me that I could sense that place a block away before we knew what it was. Interesting. So knowing that we are going there tomorrow, we decided to head back to our hotel to take a quick power nap. A nap never felt so great. We both sank into la la land both of us woke up in a panic wondering where or who we were. haha. Then we had a meet and greet downstairs with our travel guides Ruby and Brad, Author Steve Berry, his wife, publicist, and the 25 fans who are all here for the cruise. Everyone is super nice. And from ALL different walks of life. We are obviously the youngins here! Steve shared some really cool insider info about his next book coming out and went over all the cool things/ places we plan to see the next few days. His book- The Columbus Affair {which I just finished and is a great read} takes place here in Prague, so that's what we'll be doing these next 3 days. After the meeting we went down to the square and got a yummy Gyro and some gelato. Food is actually really cheap here! And the weather is DELIGHTFUL! Not too hot, not too cold. We spent the evening walking around the main town square and watched the famous Astronomical clock. The oldest working clock of it's time. Ruby told us that it was made for the king and after he made it his eyes were taken out so he could not replicate it. Crazy! It was so weird to see people casually dining and walking around and basically "hanging out" on a Sat night in such a GORGEOUS place. The architecture is INSANE. It seems like everyone should be in gowns and on buggies or something but it's just a Sat night downtown. We are definitely on sensory overload! Came back to our room, Face-timed with our little boys- which BTW isn't technology AMAZING!!!?And after this we are hitting the pillow. I hope I can keep up with this each night because there are so many things we want to remember! - Anyway, till tomorrow...
Taisley and Warren
Outside out hotel :)
Jewish Synagogue
Outside the Jewish Cemetery
Fan meeting!
Freaking gorgeous old town square
Astronomical clock
*none of my pics are edited yet. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment