The biggest collection of MySpace 2.0 Layouts online
MySpaceLayouts

Thursday, January 13, 2011

27 dot dot dot

I say dot dot dot because I'm going to be 30 before I know it.
And then 50. And then gray- and then dot dot dot.
Who hates getting older? {raise my hand}
Because with age comes an expectation for success. Or atleast it's my OWN expectation I have conjured for my life journey. And I just haven't fulfilled it yet. What is IT, one might ask.
Personal Success. We all need it. But I guess I just need it more than others. I have to have that to feel like I have done something in my life. Forget the fact that I have 3 smart, lively, healthy boys. It doesn't fit in my category... unfortunately. I wish I could just CHILL! I can't. Anyone who knows a sliver of my personality knows that there is always something. Not going to be a professional performer. Hung that up about 9 years ago... and it's OK! I watch old friends live that path and I am genuinely happy for them. That's not me anymore. I have a whole new set of dreams, plans, and ideas. I just want to succeed at something. Be great. Make a difference.
All that stuff...

5 comments:

April Nielsen said...

I totally love reading your blog! But...(don't be offended) I can't read it with your new background. It overlaps the words and I want to read your new post. Love your new header, you're family is adorable! I lost photoshop when i got my new computer {sad face} so I can't design a new one.

Justin and Kenzee said...

I hear you. I always have to remind myself that it's not my season to do much else than mothering. I always feel like I should be doing more but with kiddos it's nearly impossible. But I'm glad I was able to peacefully give up the dance thing. Sometimes I miss dance but I'm glad I don't have to be out there auditioning and hoping to bring in a few bucks. I just want to take some fun classes and dance to great music. Some day. I guess for now we'll have to have fun with these little boys!

Amy said...

I LOVE the look of your new blog, it's good to change it up and start fresh. I also love the song, "We are going to be friends" by The White Stripes. Good choice!

Christina said...

i love your blog :) i'm sure i've said it before. your posts make me laugh. and i relate to just about everything. i've also said this before but your boys are SO cute! never seen them in person but their little personalities seem to come through the pictures. and you have to love all that blond hair!

Megan said...

I agree whole heartedly! I love being a mother and yet...you have to know though just from your blog and with how you are I know that you are an amazing mom! Our day will come when we are 40 and our kids are grown and we will fill in the ... with what our hearts desire! (I hope to accomplish those before the 40's but at least thats a deadline!)