The biggest collection of MySpace 2.0 Layouts online
MySpaceLayouts

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Oct 26th


Today I want to remember...

After the massive rain storm we had a couple nights ago, our basement flooded. Our Sump Pump {which was a $40,000 system the previous owners put it to direct the saturated runoff water away from the house and out to the road to drain into the main city water drains} didn't work. The float chain was jammed. A plumber came out and wiggled the chain. It hummed back on and the water stopped intruding our basement. Nothing like a fun afternoon with the shop vac. Honestly-- not the best week this could have happened, but we are really thankful that it wasn't worse. I kept saying... the kids are safe and sound. And really? That's all that matters.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh my goodness! I had no idea! I'm so sorry that happened! Ugh. Hope its all dried out now with the warmer weather we're having this week!

Anjalique said...

Oh, man! I'm sorry about that. Ours flooded recently, too, and they're putting new carpet in next week, but it's hard when the kids are without their play area, huh?