is never a day of rest. Why do we call it that? Sundays are usually a chaotic frenzy- me yelling at the kids to get ready faster, and trying to pack our Magic bag of tricks to pull out to entertain the boys for an hour and 10 mins. Sundays usually wiz by and before we know it, it's Monday again. 9 am church is too early !! I don't care that it fits better with nap time and i don't care that we are done at noon. I want to sleep in a tad~ The boys are usually pretty good during Sacrament, but today they would NOT whisper- How many times do i repeat myself? I am a broken record on my day of rest. Sawyer is in that hard stage. My friend Amy asked me after having 3 kids what i think is the hardest stage yet. It's only just begun! Age 1-2 is the worst! They are so stinking cute, but they are mobile, and have no concept of cars in roads, NO interest in siting still, and are learning to talk, babble and growl loudly during Sunday School and Relief Society. Warren is really sweet and lets me go to RS 9 out of 10 Sundays. I probably need the spiritual uplift more than him anyway. Day of rest? No- there are many nice things that Sundays are, but a day of rest- they are not.




6 comments:
It's so true and I only have one! Thankfully Nolan just turned two so it's been getting easier. I think those 6 months before nursery age are the worst all around (not just for church). There is absolutely no reasoning with them and they don't follow/understand directions. I don't know how you do it with 3 boys! Bravo!!!
k, amen to all of that. Jaxson is so loud though, plus wanting to run around. He can go to nursery, but when he doesn't, and during sacrament, he is the WORST! boys are extra energetic, so I don't know how you handle three boys!!
You hit the nail right on the head. This age is very hard, and I'm sure it's only compounded with more than one child. It's been such a relief to be past that stage with A, but I know it's coming up for me again. But, they won't be this little forever, right? Things have to get a little easier in the future, right?? :)
And it just gets worse as they get older.
Ok, Tais. I am laughing really hard right now b/c we both posted about Sundays on the exact same day except I'm saying how much I love early morning church and enjoy the relaxing day and you're saying the opposite. That was too funny. Of course, I don't have a baby yet so that will all change. :) When we went to afternoon church and Spencer missed his nap, we came home starving at 4:30 and Spencer would throw himself around the house screaming while I made a mad dash to get him something to eat and get them all changed out of their clothes and into their jammies. I hated it! Anyway, I just thought our posts were so funny. :)
I agree. And we have 9 am church too! We have not been on time to sacrament once this year!!
Post a Comment