
While in Oklahoma, I really started liking Sbarro's Pizza, usually found in malls. Well, it happened once there, twice here in Utah, and again last night at Wendys. Here's how it works. I order the meal (slice o'pie, 2 breadsticks, and a drink). Well, when the cashier dude tells me my total, it is about 1.50 too much. Many people may not catch this, but I do quick math in my head to check all purchases. I ask if there is a new fat tax, or what the deal is while pointing out the $6.69 advertised price. The guy says, "I thought you would want the large drink." Well buddy, if I want a large, I'll ask for one, don't assume-You know what that makes (an ASS out of U and ME). How many people do not ever catch this? Now you know. Also, happened at Wendy's last night. They apparently advertise a combo meal price that is representative of a "small" drink and fries. Then, while ordering, I am asked, "Do you want medium or large?" Not thinking, I respond, "medium", because it's the smallest choice offered by the lady. But while eating, I look carefully at the menu and notice the .59 charge for medium, .99 for large. Hmmmmmm! This stuff, while fascinating to me, also really rubs me the wrong way. So, next time you are indulging in a quick bite, check the menu and watch the math.




4 comments:
I've noticed the same thing at Wendy's. Totally bugs.
What the... I thought you wanted something you didn't ask for...haha I'll have to pay attention to that one.
way to pinch the pennies!
I love your family picture, you guys are so adorable!
you always have such great advice taisley!
Post a Comment