Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Today's thoughts on the economy and other stuff....
So today I spoke with the second of 2 tenants that have lost their jobs this month. It is so sad. I just can't help but be so thankful for every single thing that we have. I know our apartment is small, but it has been {and excuse my totally Mormon vocab} a blessing to us over and over again. Warren has a great job right now, but we are so hesitant to buy a home right now. Besides our hearty goals to get rid of our car payments, we don't want a mortgage right now! So, I don't think many of our friends know the strong premonition that brought us here. We had come up north one weekend specifically for an interview with a storage unit management job. ON THE WAY to the interview I was totally overcome with the strong feeling NOT to go to the interview because we would have ended up accepting it, and i knew that there was a different job for us even though we had no idea what. I knew that it would be better for our situation, and we went on total faith and cancelled out interview. Then we found this job listing a few days later, and botta bing-botta boom. We work for the best owner- we are in a great neighborhood across from the park, have awesome neighbors- We don't pay rent, utilities, phone, Internet, and our nice owner even gives us a cell phone. Not to mention, we have loved our ward, and have made some close friends that we will have forever. We were so meant to be here. And even though we have put up with random, frightening, humorous, and interesting situations with tenants, we are still grateful to be where we are. I am so grateful for the success that my business has been, and continues to be. I know that this down time will turn around, but if we can make it through this and still be able to give our kids fun things like Disneyland {2 weeks!} then we can make it through anything this economy is going to bring in the future. Watching people react to these hard times is inspirational. We have become more thankful, creative, resourceful, and it has made us prioritize. I totally hate when people say that we are as bad as we were during the great depression. ???? No. We are still better than that. I still see ipods, phones, TVs and tons of other crap that people are still buying. We haven't had to ration sugar yet right? NO. We still have luxuries. We still have our Dish Network- tell me they had THAT during the great depression. whatever. We are grateful over here in our neck of the woods. How about you?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Amen! I agree--we too are living very blessed lives right now, despite some ongoing problems. I was thinking of a situation similar to yours where I was put in the right situation that really changed my life.
I couldn't agree more!
I feel ya. As hard as it is to have Darren in the Army for reason very obvious. We at the same time are very fortunate, we have no rent or utilities, our car is paid off as well. Really all we have to pay for would be cable, internet, cell phones, and groceries. I think these are the reasons we may just be sticking with the Army for longer then we originally planned on.
Mike and I are very much the same. We believe we are where we are at this time for a reason. We are hoping to move and buy a house but now is not the time. Horray for Disneyland in 2 weeks! I am so excited. I can't wait. It's going to be so much fun! Tell me all about it. I was on the Disneyland and California Adventure site today. Totally so excited. Take tons of pictures... ha like I have to tell you :)
Post a Comment