
So I wasn't as disgusted with Gov. Palin as I was McCain last time. I was proud that she stood her own as a woman- it made it easier to focus on what they were saying- and make better distinctions NOT based on whether it was a man or a woman. She kept up, even though she made a few mistakes on names, facts, whatever- it was a monumental day in history. Go Palin.
However.
I am still favorable to the plans and proposes that Barack and Joe support. I am impressed with their plan to pull out of the war in the next 16 months. Slowly, but withdrawal. Be done. Palin dodged those questions with style, but there still was never a plan proposed, and that is why myself, and so many others are scared that McCain is going to go on just as we are, and that is not what the people want to see. That is not what I want to see. And what the heck about NOT looking at the past? Goes back to my denial thing. It's a great way to debate- dodging the issues that McCain messed up with by claiming that they are only going to look to the future, but I LOVED how Biden rebutted by saying that we have to look into the past, because it is therein that we can realize how to better our future. I had never seen Biden before this debate. I had a completely clean slate, and I was very impressed and it gave me great confidence in what America can become. He has such a great way of explaining things, that I felt I could follow. I am still laughing about McCain's choice in Palin. Energy, Energy, that's why she says McCain picked her, but we all know- {and I'm going to be blunt} that as they were sitting around the table the PR or whoever advises McCain was like- "Ok. We got a black man running, and that in itself is going to draw people to his campaign, we can't pick a black man too.....hmmmm....let's see..... let's get a woman!! Then we will have an equally curious campaign." Brilliant really. And I like her, I do, but she thinks that she can be that "relateable every day family in America" and I have to ask- How many 1 year olds have a mother in politics? She is the furthest thing from what I can relate to as my "every day American mother" but whatever. Her glasses are cute. My best sister and I are probably for the first time at disagreement- She is a Palin fan {she lives in Alaska :)} but she was saying how Obama and Biden didn't seem to be together, and as one- as McCain and Palin are. I think that it is because Palin is so gah-gah for McCain and Biden is down to earth. I think that it is healthy for Obama and Biden to disagree sometimes, {even Palin made that distinction} because it opens the issue to further diagnostics. I also think it is simply Bidens' personality not to over excessively gloat on Obama like Palin does McCain.
The bottom line, is that the choice of a VP is a direct reflection of the Presidential candidate. The VP themselves isn't going to sway my decision, but it is Obama's VP choice that impresses me more.
My favorite moment in the debate:
"Look, the maverick -- let's talk about the maverick John McCain is. And, again, I love him. He's been a maverick on some issues, but he has been no maverick on the things that matter to people's lives.
He voted four out of five times for George Bush's budget, which put us a half a trillion dollars in debt this year and over $3 trillion in debt since he's got there.
He has not been a maverick in providing health care for people. He has voted against -- he voted including another 3.6 million children in coverage of the existing health care plan, when he voted in the United States Senate.
He's not been a maverick when it comes to education. He has not supported tax cuts and significant changes for people being able to send their kids to college.
He's not been a maverick on the war. He's not been a maverick on virtually anything that genuinely affects the things that people really talk about around their kitchen table.
Can we send -- can we get Mom's MRI? Can we send Mary back to school next semester? We can't -- we can't make it. How are we going to heat the -- heat the house this winter?
He voted against even providing for what they call LIHEAP, for assistance to people, with oil prices going through the roof in the winter.
So maverick he is not on the important, critical issues that affect people at that kitchen table."
Biden
PS- this is our blog- so naturally it has our opinions- I am sure that we are going to offend someone- If you don't like it, kindly close this window {there is a red box in the upper right or left corner of the screen, depending on whether you have a Mac or PC} :) :)




2 comments:
I love you sistah! It was a good debate, wasn't it? I can totally relate to Sarah Palin . . . I've even had a few people tell me I look like her . . . and if I need to dress up this year for Halloween, I'm going to be Sarah Palin . . . I've even got the glasses to do it! : )
So this is totally off topic, but what part are you at in Book 6? How do you like it?
Post a Comment