The biggest collection of MySpace 2.0 Layouts online
MySpaceLayouts

Friday, October 17, 2008

Blog Comments and Etiquette

I am an analytical man-a habit the Federal Aviation Administration is currently trying to break me of, but I have noticed some very interesting things about blogs and especially the "comments."  First of all, I ran through about 25 of my friends blogs and found something on "Twilight" and our good buddy "Edward" on each one.  Accompanying each of these posts were numerous comments, usually 6 or more.  Also noted, was that each comment was pertinent to the subject of the post.  Now, I'll roll with that one, because there is much excitement surrounding this upcoming premier.  K-now we will talk about other posts.  I found some very cool posts regarding the lives of the blogger that received few or even NO comments!  Also found were comments like, "hey-how's it going?"  What is that?  Are blog comments now a substitute for email?  phone calls?  Face to face visits?  Come on people.  And the worst is to come!  Some posts have NO comments!!  I rarely blog and when I do, I expect response!  Are my posts that uninteresting?  I think they are more interesting than posts that I have seen receive 8 comments.  If a person is going to take the time to blog-throw them some love, and drop a response.  Not just a response, but a nice, sincere, and pertinent response.  geeze!  I HATE seeing posts with no comments.  I KNOW people read them, they just didn't respond.  Interesting!

6 comments:

Erika said...

I agree, but at the same time I feel like i have nothing to say. It is nice to receive a comment.

We in Minnesota said...

Well, okay then. It truly sounds like life for you is very strange and yet so normal. You have a great family. Especially the wife. What an amazing woman. And you, Warren, how amazing are you to be so far away and yet still maintain your good looks and your up-beat personality. This adventure will end some day and you will start a new one. Sometimes there is an adventure every day. Good luck.
Lisa Amott

Vickie said...

You're right. I'm sorry for not commenting on your last post, although I did find it interesting. Sometimes I just don't know what to say. But comments are nice--when you take the time to update us on what's going on in your life, it's nice to have the feedback that someone cares.

Jodi said...

Maybe you should change your name to Edward. :-)

The Weston's said...

pook.... were you having a hard day today or what?

Nicholas and Brittani said...

You guys are so funny! I will say that all your blog posts are very very interesting...truth is I am VERY guilty of not leaving comments, but of course I LOVE to read comments left on my own blog! I am so lazy, but will change just for you...I promise to leave a comment on every post I read;) We miss you guys! Maybe some day soon we can get together. Since we have never even met Sawyer and I see he is now 6 months old. Charlis birthday is coming up so we will have an excuse to get out of the house and you guys will get an invite for sure!