
uhuhhh. so annoyed! So, as many did- I watched the Presidential Debate, and as honestly neutral as i was trying to be, McCain was making me all fired up! I almost couldn't stand watching him toward the end! If you want to gain your own opinion on it before reading this hugely one-sided soap-box- you can read it here.
Well first of all "issues" aside was how the linguistics and how they both carried themselves was so notable. Let's just start there.
~Barack was more respectful. period.- He let McCain make his points, and used soft words like "fundamental differences"- and when he agreed with things that McCain had said- he acknowledged them- Who's the bigger man?
~"What Barack Obama doesn't understand" "He doesn't get it" repeat that 27 times- and that was pretty much the debate. McCain was very demeaning and undercutting. He communicated in a way like a father does a child to Barack- I thought it was disappointing. I really admire the way that Barack never retaliated- he stuck to the subjects.
~Barack Obama talks about what HE is going to do NOT what John McCain isn't going to. Come on!
~Really mad when McCain referred to a salary scale and used $42,000 a year salary as a "clear down to the bottom" Excuse me? That's a lot of money to some people.
McCain made mention about how he feels for the people loosing their homes yada yada- what a load of crock! Donate one of your 50 homes then- or don't, but don't say that you understand, when there are people living in a shoe box- you just don't say that.
~Okay- we get it- and we are proud that he served the country- I really am. - but what the heck!? so do so many others- He wants to make sure to bank on the "service card". There are so many people who serve who don't gloat about it and make people revisit that again and again-Isn't Thank You enough?
~Obama is way more relatable- He is going to bat for a wider range of Americans- Like the ones who just want a house, good medical coverage- He understands, because he's not a greedy little 50-home buyer
~"History History History"- How many times can McCain refer to his "history"- and make snood comments about Barack getting "on-the-job" training-? Come on- Barack is a very experienced and overwhelmingly smart- he is more than capable. It's totally rude.
~McCain rarely admitted the things that have gone wrong in these past few years-
Now onto the real issues
~I like the way that Barack wants to put money into energy solutions- McCain is conservative and wants to cut back on the budget, freeze it, but we need to prepare! Barack wants to set a foundation for our kids, and their kids- it's like McCain just wants to kick up his feet and toast to a better day. Let's get this war over with already! I can not believe how long it has been.
~I appreciate how Obama wants to negotiate with our foreign governments instead of McCain who SAID that he plans to forgo any negotiations with them at all- goes back to the denial thing- We have to ACT.
~I don't like McCains' plan to give a $5000 tax credit for health care- Obama rebuttaled by saying that is sounds good and all, but it will be a wash when the employers will end up having to pay higher taxes which if the employer decides NOT to have those benefits because of this new higher tax, then once again- average Joe is non insured and having to buy independent insurance plans which are sky-rocket high in price- $5000 starts to look like a few pennies.
~I just think that Barack is fired up about a lot of great things, and that we will see those things come to life quickly. IF we can start funding our energy plans- we might not get as many tax breaks as McCain is proposing, but as a person who would love to see a check come to my door - i want MORE to set a foundation. And Barack agrees that it is going to take time-
OH! and McCain's plan to give huge corporations tax cuts?$300 billion. What the? It's the people who are going to make the corporations succeed, and they need the help first, which is what Obama said. Plus! Obama has a plan that will give 95% of Americans a tax cut- The bottom of us who need it more than those people making asinine amounts of money-
The bottom line is that 1- i agree with the approach Obama is taking, his opinions and views are more mine too. And #2- I think that McCain is pompous, over-confident, smug, demeaning, disrespectful, stubborn, and talk talk talk.
anyways-
Can't wait for next Thursday's debate with the Vices!




7 comments:
AMEN!!!! :D I loved it all! I could add quite a bit more but I will spare you lol I am hoping with every ounce of me this election will in fact bring with it CHANGE!!!!
It's so funny - we saw the same debate but I thought Obama was pompus, condescending and arrogant. He's very naive and overconfident. Have you heard of Obama's cry to the "common man" a couple of weeks ago - promising that he understood them and was one of them . . . then hopped on a plane to attend a hooty-snooty elite hollywood fundraiser at over $22,000 a plate???
Everything about Obama rubs me wrong. He's not at all making it into my realm of being understood. McCain has been a hard working man for a lot of years. If you read his history of time as a POW, it makes you really stand in awe of what he did - he wasn't JUST a service man. He was in prison camp for FIVE and a HALF years. He had the opportunity to be released and didn't take it because it was "special treatment" and there were others who should have been released first.
He's admitted everything he's done that he regrets. He's been upfront and honest when his views and actions didn't work. He's done A LOT for our country and for the middle class . . .
Obama's a "vote the fad" kind of guy and if you look really close at his career - it's all been for his personal political gain - nothing more. And man, what's up with his VP choice??? Those two do not mesh - those two do not compliment each other - those two are the most odd pairing I've ever seen. Plus Biden said - "I don't WANT to be the VP pick" hello!!! how in the world can anyone vote for a guy who doesn't WANT to be the candidate???
Anyway - it's amazing how alike we are little sister - but oh so different in our views of the candidates. It's kinda funny to me.
Love ya - we'll chat soon.
Woah! What debate was I watching then. I saw quite the opposite. I saw a guy named Obama getting thrown around on all topics of policy. Now Taisley, it's good to have an opinion on things but you need to make sure you have all the facts correct.
Regarding energy, Obama is the one who doesn't want to exhaust all the possibilities. He and his friends have been limiting it during the past months and years. Regarding money and riches, Obama and his advisors have been making millions from these twisted Wall Street companies. Funny how its the same companies causing all this grief in the financial world.
Of course we all would love to see a check in the mail. We have seen it done and did it do anything for the economy? nope! It is just a ploy. He says he is going to raise taxes on that top 5% of companies. Don't worry though, because that tax will be passed on right from the businesses back to us thus negating the whole concept. I could go on. Yeah there are certain things that bug me about McCain but I would far prefer his good things to the extremely abstract ideas of Obama. I would like "Change" as well, just not the bad "Change" offered by Obama.
Out of everything though, I do like how this election is getting everyone involved. That is great for the country. It's really fun and exciting to have so many people interested and cheering on their candidate of choice.
Amen Sister!!! I could not agree with you more! I watched nine minutes of it and had to turn it off because I was so irritated with McCain. It seems that his biggest campaign strategy is to try and bully Obama. He is definitely better staying at one of HIS big houses and NOT the white house!! I am confident that all the good hearted Americans will make the right choice!! McCain did make one good point...."South Koreans are 3 inches taller than North Koreans" My husband and I are still laughing over that!
Taisley!!! You Go, Girl!!! I loved your comments. Very well written. I, myself, am an Obama Mama. I voted for McCain when he last ran, but I believe he has changed for the worse and look at where are country is right now with Bush. Also, Bush sounds like a muppet and so does McCain. Obama has a nice voice that I can listen to. His wife is very smart and not a "barbie doll." Your sister said that "everything about Obama rubs me wrong." Everything about McCain AND Palin rub me wrong. Yes McCain was a POW. He was in a camp -- NOT serving our country trying to win a war. Politics brings out the worst in everyone. I dont' like it, but I will listen. I'm just glad to know where you stand.
Lisa
Funny all of these comments about the POW... a man I would expect to take care of fellow Military... too bad he is trying to cut the GI bill. Not like it is even what it should be right now. As a ARMY wife McCain does NOTHING for me! Also I just wanted to add that a poll was taken mid Aug. and Military persons support Obama over MCcain.... wow that has to say something :)
So I just need to say that I am still undecided. The best place to straighten out all the garbage that gets flung around from both candidates is www.factcheck.org. It's neutral and finds fault and corrects mistruths about both sides.
Post a Comment