The biggest collection of MySpace 2.0 Layouts online
MySpaceLayouts

Monday, September 8, 2008

Hello young lovers....

{Sara and Joshy, Downtown SLC, Sept 08}

Hello young lovers, whoever you are, 
I hope your troubles are few. 
All my good wishes go with you tonight, 
I've been in love like you. 

Be brave, young lovers, and follow your star,
Be brave and faithful and true, 
Cling very close to each other tonight.
I've been in love like you. 

I know how it feels to have wings on your heels, 
And to fly down the street in a trance. 
You fly down a street on the chance that you meet, 
And you meet -- not really by chance. 

--The King and I


I've been taking my sister-in-law's engagements, and have loved it. They are such young lovers. It totally makes me realize all the things that Warren and i have been through together and learned about each other in the past 6 years. Warren's brother Nathan freaked out in our casual conversation the other day about how long we have been married-- "WHAT!?@#$%@#- It's been THAT long?"  :) Yes. It has. 
We were young lovers if there ever were any. 2 days after my high school graduation? I know. We were crazy in love. We were so dumb, and so in love. I can't even begin to grasp my mind around all the things we have been through together. Do we really have 3 children? Wow. They are so special, and so hard, and such a daily reminder of the deep and rich commitment that making a family is. We have been here  and there and everywhere. Making life-long decisions that alter the very depths of the rest of our lives. We moved around a lot the first 4 years we were married. We were trying to be magnetically pulled to our "life purpose" and direction. We are so proud of the things we have sacrificed together. NO ONE will appreciate a home more than the 5 Westons who share a 855 square foot apartment with a flashy "Manager" on the door.  I am frequently appalled at some of the friends and people i know who have already gotten into a home- before kids or with just one. It amazes me how it is even possible. Aren't there certain steps first? Aren't there years of sacrifice first? I wouldn't have had it any other way. And to say the truth...I will be sad when we pack up this little palace. We love it here. I honest to gosh like to hear my neighbors around all 4 walls. Makes me feel safer. I love love love that Warren and i came back up here and graduated. We did it. A 5 year program in 6 years. We made it. We are so tough. Now we spend weeks in between seeing each other, and it is a whole new level of commitment and sacrifice to know what we are doing is for the long haul. I just love Warren so much. We are goofs together. We fight like cats and dogs sometimes- We both just HAVE to make our points, and HAVE to make sure the other one knows it. :) Makes me laugh. I love how I am the handyman in our household. I am not even kidding- I have hung every single thing that we have ever had on any wall in any of the 7 apartments that we have lived in. And i can't tell you how many Sat mornings Warren has let me sleep in- because let's face it- i was a sloth in another life. :) So- a lot of rambling, but it's our blog anyway right? I just love him so much, and i can't wait to go out there this weekend. mmmmm. 

5 comments:

Erika said...

I think the Lord makes us go through so much to really appreciate each other, and grow as one. I know we have!

I love how you and Warren are together. You guys are two of our favorite people!

Vickie said...

You two are such a great couple. We love having you as friends. We each have our own "stuff" we have to go through, don't we? The phrase "refiners fire" has gone through my head repeatedly this last year.

Have so much fun this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I need some advice!! With you being a mother of three boys..I am sure you can help. So Jace is 2 1/2 and has no desire to potty train. I have tried everything from pull-ups, underwear, running around naked and letting him stay dirty and he doesn't care!! If you have any good pointers or any advice, please email me at schwindts3@gmail.com Thanks SO much!

The Leggs said...

Tais, I am with you. I have moved a ton too. But I think its the little things in life, like living in a palace with 2 other girls, my kid and 2 cats that make life laughable. I feel bad for the people that get right into a house and don't get to have the experiences you and I have had.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...absence makes the heart grow fonder! I remember all those nights alone missing Steve, praying and crying and waiting to be together again. And now that we're together again I wonder why he can't get his socks IN the hamper! Just kidding! Funny, the school of life and marriage, it really does make us better if we survive it! I miss the young love- Steve did the dishes then! :)