The biggest collection of MySpace 2.0 Layouts online
MySpaceLayouts

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Building a Bear and Building my Gratitude



Today we went to Build a Bear workshop {to finally see what all the fuss is about.} Okay. It's cute. The boys had a good time, and we are out $60. sweet. But it got us out of the house and made me drive through downtown to come to a moment of gratitude. There were people hustling and bustling to get some lunch on their break- gotta get to the office- and i told the boys outloud {we've been talking about "jobs" lately}  how much i love MY job- how completely greatful i am that i get to stay home with them, and not have to go into an office every day. Plus deal with the pressures of office moral, pleasing a "boss" and having to do my hair EVERY day. lol. So, I know Warren will get a kick out of this because very recently I was grumbling about my purpose in this life-or something. But I am SO thankful that Warren doesn't and has NEVER pressured me to be anything but mamma. I'm so thankful that he sees it as a high importance. I'm so thankful that he can work and support us exclusively- {because let's face it- our "2nd" income-my photography income just becomes my "play" money- :) love ya pook.}
So as i am bursting with gratitude i had a moment at the drive-through at McDicks. I mistakingly gave the cashier a 5 instead of a 1. I didn't realize it until at the second window- the other employee was honest and gave it back to me. I set it back on the window ledge and told him to keep it- and thanks for being honest. His smile made my day and his. I know it was only a 5- but i'd like to think that i did a little good in the world today. 

2 comments:

We in Minnesota said...

You do good in the world EVERY day. Also really enjoyed the squash pictures of Sawyer.

Lisa Amott

Amy said...

The boys showed me their cute teddy bears today! They were so excited about them... how fun. I want to build one!