The biggest collection of MySpace 2.0 Layouts online
MySpaceLayouts

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sawyer is already a week old!

I am so sad that he is already a week old! I can't believe how fast it has gone. 

So, I went into labor early :) It all started at 4 am on Warren's birthday (the 15Th) I had early labor pains all day. They were manageable, inconsistent, and tapered off after my nap. I was pretty sure that this was "it" but i didn't want to get my hopes up high. I called Warren at work around 6 am and told him that I had started laboring. He was skeptical, but took the day off from school to "wait around". They even announced it on air that it was Warren's birthday and that his wife had called because she was starting labor. It was all very exciting. I went to my scheduled Dr. appointment and I was dilated to a 3 +. She was excited for me and told me to go home, eat a small dinner, take a nap, because I wasn't going to get any sleep tonight. So- as the day progressed, they didn't go away, and by late evening during Warren's birthday party, I had to excuse myself because I didn't want to try to hide my contractions anymore. At 9:30 pm we went to the hospital, the contractions were still manageable- I was able to talk through them, but I knew that they weren't going away. I was still at a 3 + and the nurses gave me an hour to progress to a 4 or they would send me back home. Warren watched the monitors as the contractions got bigger and bigger for the next hour. It was neat to "prove" to him what I was feeling. I was finally at a 4, so around 11:30 they brought the epidural in and I felt my last contraction. It was heaven! I napped and thought for the next many hours until finally at 7 am I was a 10, (My OBGYN wasn't on call until after 7 am, so I was really glad Sawyer took his time!!) The nurses gave me a "test push" to see how good and really I was. After 2 pushes they got Dr. Brown and I pushed 3 times during a contraction and he was here! It was a little scary because he had passed meconium when my water broke, so they had NICU in my room to clean out his lungs and make sure that he was going to be okay, but I finally held him, and I felt so relieved to finally have him in my arms instead of in my tummy! He is so handsome! So I stayed in the hospital for 2 nights- IT WAS SO NICE! and then we went home. At the last minute we decided to bless him before my parents left for their mission. So, at only 5 days old we went to church. I actually felt great and it was nice to get out for an hour. 

He is so great- he sleeps 4 hours- eats -and sleeps 4 more during the night. He is so snugly. I am so in love with our little baby! Thanks for all who have helped us- with Sawyer, meals, and our other little dudes. We are so lucky and thankful. 

Sawyer John Weston
8 pounds 4 ounces
21 inches long
April 16th, 2008
7:57 AM 











17 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congratulations, he is beautiful! I can't believe he is sleeping so good for you already. He sleeps as well as my 7 month old! You are a lucky girl.

Erika said...

Oh he is so dang cute! I am so happy for you guys, and I can't believe it has already been a week. Wow!

~..kass..~ said...

Oh congrats! He is a doll! I love the picture of him alone on the couch. He is one good sized boy. I guess that will come in handy being the baby brother right? Little NICU baby, I had 2 I know all about that :)

Vickie said...

He is such a sweetie, just like the other boys. I'm so glad he's here! Congrats again!

Camille said...

Congrats Taisley! I'm so happy that all went well...he's a handsome boy!

Laurel said...

He's beautiful! Congrats!

Amy and the boys said...

Holy Moly- there's three of them! Congrats Tais!! I just checked your blog yesterday b/c I was waiting for an update. I must've just missed it. I'm so glad everything is going well. He already looks like both of the other boys.

Laura Edwards said...

OH! You are such a cute little family!!!!!!!

Jonathan, Kaity & Halle said...

Taisley, hey this is Kaity(Baker)Lambert, I stumbled across your blog and have to ask... is your doctor Melissa Brown? So random but I thought I saw you the other day at her office. Could be totally off but I had to ask.
By the way, adorable little boy! I can't believe you have 3 boys!!

Candice Warby said...

Taisley,
Congratulations. I can't believe that you have 3 kids already. That is so amazing. Congratulations on your newest addition. He is beautiful. And I'm glad that things went well and you are already fell so great.

Candice Warby said...

Taisley-
Congratulations! I can't believe that you have 3 kids already. That is amazing. Your family is beautiful, and I am glad that Samuel came without any problems and that you are already doing so well. Congratulations again! (PS, I'm going to add you to my link list)

Candice Warby said...

sorry, I know his name is Sawyer. My mistake. :)

Chelsey said...

I am so jealous and I was curious as to what was going on. Congrats and I will be counting down the days to mine now.

Horner Family said...

Congratulations!! Fun, fun fun.... How time flies.

Amanda and Shaye Scott said...

Congrats on #3! What a beautiful family you are! Thank you also for your bit on natural vs epidural. You're so cute! Congrats again!

Tonya Joy said...

Tais - you're too beautiful! I love the family photo on the couch. Sawyer really does look like he fits right in, doesn't he? Those little guys are so cute and my kids can't wait to see their cousins - when are you heading up to Alaska??????? Soon, I hope! I wanna hold that little cutie pie.

Lots of love - Tonya

April Nielsen said...

Oh my heck you guys are such a cute little family!!! I'm so glad everything went so well for you.