The biggest collection of MySpace 2.0 Layouts online
MySpaceLayouts

Friday, January 1, 2010

Project REMEMBER TWENTY TEN

Self confession: I have a horrible memory. I can't remember big events that have happened in my life, let alone the little details. I hate it.
Plus...
I am a horrible perfectionist- Things have to be thought out, edited, and complete before I post them- if it's not, then i don't do it all together. I hate that about me. I want to be less of that in 2010. I want to remember the small stuff better. Our cute little kids are growing up so stinking fast that I start to forget so easily the sweet little things that they do each day. I want something to remember EVERY single day in 2010.
I WILL take a few memories with me into my old age.
So.
I am starting the Weston Family Project REMEMBER TWENTY TEN. Here are the rules:
1- A picture a day.{One minimum} Doesn't matter if it's perfect lighting, positioning, editing- It's a picture of our life that day. Perfect imperfectness.
2- Try to pick a few things about that day that were sweet, small, and easily forgotten in the rush of life.
3- Keep it short. Do not feel pressured to write a novel. More or less a summary. Plus I won't want to read 365 novels when I publish them next year into a book.

I love how Blogger lets you save the draft so that I can journal at my leisure and then add the pics after. Isn't technology great.

That's it. Anyone want to join in?


6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I have a HORRIBLE memory too! it is seriously a joke. ppl make fun of me all the time. friends will say "remember in high school when we all did this really cool thing.." ahhh no. i dont. i dont remember anything! it is sad. this is a good idea, let us know how it goes.

Vickie said...

oooh...intriguing! I think I might want to try this. Maybe not everyday, but I'll give it my best shot!

Christina said...

great idea! i wish i could do a picture a day...i will shoot for that and at the end of the year be closer to one a week :( but i love the idea, i think i'll give it a shot too!

Amy and the boys said...

i know alot of people do the project 365. i dont know if i can! maybe just for jan. :D we'll see. i have TON of photos that never see the light of day, sadly. it's better to blog the imperfect snapshots than worry about their technical details. sometimes, i find that a horrible picture (technically) was actually one i caught on the fly of my kids and is one of my favorites. so i keep it. emotions matter more! go tais. cant wait to see what you do.

Megan said...

I love this since I too have a terrible memory. Most days I can't even remember what I did the day before. I might try my hand at this! Great idea!

Erika said...

Love this idea