We are excited to say we have finally found our house. :) Well- BARING the inspection next week. Last week we thought we had found our home and at the last minute we got outbid. We were devastated- and definitely NOT in the mood to keep looking. We decided that there was one more neighborhood that we would consider living in and we would check it out, and if we didn't find anything then we would stop looking and try again come spring. We found this bank owned home
that was listed way above our budget but decided to throw out a low-ball offer since we were used to being shot down- what did we have to lose? Well- the bank countered keeping our asking price and agreeing to pay the closing costs, but not agreeing to the home warranty that we asked for {which we didn't think they would anyway since the ad said AS IS - NO WARRANTY lol.} But the bank officially signed off on it yesterday {which was a blessing too seeing as banks are closed on Saturdays} Now we are officially under contract. Where is the house!!???- you might ask- We laugh because we said we would NOT live in Utah County. :) And I like to think it's BARELY Utah CO. so it doesn't count. But it's on Traverse Mountain {above Cabella's} at The Point of the Mountain. It took us 17 min to get home here in Murray {with no traffic} but there IS a Frontage Rd that Warren can take to work if the traffic is bad that day and Mapquest says it will only be 14 miles. Not bad- especially when you live in the big city. And just as far as some of the West Jordan neighborhoods we looked at without the convenience of I-15 :)
So, we never thought we'd get a house this great, and we shake our heads like we don't deserve it, but it was a foreclosure and we got a steal- only thing we need to do to this house is the yard. The basement is 100% finished. HUGE perk.
It's close to the freeway , has beautiful views, and way more bedrooms than we thought we would ever have. 6 bedrooms to be exact...and a den.
Quarian {spelling?} countertops
This is the den right off the front door-
There is this random little loft nook right off the side when you reach the top of the stairs that i think we will make a reading nook- get a beanbag- the boys' little bookshelf....
This is the little boys bathroom
The back needs some serious TLC. :) Will be enlisting our family to help us come the Spring. :)
We want to build stairs from the deck - There's no walk out from the
basement so right now you have to walk around. I think the stairs won't be too big of a project.
It's interesting how things work out. We have been looking for so long it was exhausting, but
how can we complain? We were just excited to get a home. We are really excited that we were able
to take advantage of a foreclosed property- We were pleasantly surprised when we went yesterday to
take some pictures to find out that the carpets had been cleaned :) yay.
We are also really excited to know that we can stay here for a long time if not forever with 3413 SF
the boys have room to grow into it. And i am actually just plain excited to have 4 toilets to clean.




18 comments:
Tais...holy cow! I am so dang excited for you! Your house is amazing...I'm thrilled for you! We still need to get together and do lunch or something...it's been way to long. Sounds like you're busy taking care of your boys :) They are adorable!
Congratulations Guys! I'm very very excited for you! What a beautiful home in a very nice area. Rachel's bro and & sis-in-law live right over there and it is a great area. So much fun! It mush have been meant to be with the banks and all. Congrats again!
YAYYYY!!!! I'm so excited for you!! It looks awesome! Just tell us when you are ready for some boxes. And if there's anything else we can help with! (I'd be glad to watch your boys or anything you need!)
YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!
Hooray! We're so excited for you. It looks awesome. Although, I remember Warren SWEARING he'd NEVER live in Utah County! :) Not that I have anything against it. I like it there. Can't wait to see it when I visit. (I better be invited over.)
Gorgeous! Gorgeous! gorgeous!! I love it and can't wait to see it in person! I'm so happy that you guys found a house that you love. It'll be fun to see you decorate it and put your own personal touch on it.
that's so great taisley, what a great first home! Congrats!
CUTEST HOUSE EVER! I am oh so excited for you guys! And now you're VERY close to us... fun! The house is absolutely beautiful and PLENTY of space for you guys. GOOD FIND!
Congrats! The house looks amazing! I'm glad you finally got the ok on a house. Hope it was worth the wait!
cute blog! thanks for the invite :)
and CUTE HOUSE! it looks so nice and big! looks like the perfect place to raise those darling little boys of yours.
I am SO happy for you! This house is amazing and you guys deserve it! Good for you guys :) YAY!!!
Yea!!! No more managing apartments! It's a beautiful house! You should have a house warming party! I can't wait to see it!
Very nice! Thanks for the invite! Cute blog!
I am SO SO JEALOUS!! and happy for you of course! You deserve it! You are not going to know what to do with all of that space! Oh man it is going to be so nice for you guys. I think you might have to pop out a few more kids to fill all of those bedrooms:)Maybe one day soon I will be posting this same thing...i hope so!
Congratulations! It's really a beautiful place. That's so great that the basement is done. But I have to say, putting in a yard might be the most work you've ever done... we're still working on ours and we've been in the house nearly 3 years. You'll get through it though, and it's nice to choose the plants/trees you love. So excited for you!
Wonderful! It's a beautiful home. I'm sooo excited for you- even if you are a bit too close to Utah Co. hehe Once you get a yard and fence that will be heaven back there. What a deal!!
Awesome Taisley! Love your kitchen but I LOVE that built in entertainment center even more. How awesome is that? Lucky girl! What a beautiful place!
Super congratulations! That's awesome.
(Wow; been forever since I've checked everyone's blogs.) Congrats! I love the house--how open it is, and the island in the kitchen. You guys deserve a gorgeous place like that!
Post a Comment