So those of you who are around us often know that we are in the Dave Ramsey program to pay off our debt. If you haven't read his book- you need to. It will change your life.
We paid off our Maxima a while back and now we are knocking out our Acura and want it paid off by October. Then we can buy a house with NO CAR PAYMENTS.
We DO NOT want to be "house poor". Something some people can't wrap their minds around- they ask... "Can't you get a house before you pay off your car?" Well of course. But it's not the smart thing to do. We shouldn't have financed our cars in the first place. Should have saved up and bought each one cash. {See more in The Total Money Makeover if you think we are crazy}

We bought tickets to the musical Wicked back like almost a year ago. Well, to make a sad story short, we sold those tickets today at a huge sacrifice so we can pay off another big chunk to our car. :( and :)
It was hard. I am sad. But I want a house more, and the quicker we pay off our debt, then the sooner we can move into our own little place. When i am sad i scrapbook. This is a little something i made to make our goals seem closer. AND to keep our desires for our first place in writing.
{the little house pulls out into a notebook}




4 comments:
Wow, that must have been so hard to sell those tickets. You guys are so strong to attack the debt like this. You'll be so glad you did and are such an awesome example to your boys.
Taisley,
One day you will go to Wicked and sit in the front row and laugh because you didn't even notice! how much money the tickets cost. I promise it will happen. :)
I'm SO impressed, you guys. You are making amazingly hard but awesome decisions. You'll appreciate that house coming quicker, and when you finally see Wicked you'll appreciate it THAT much more. I love you guys and miss you! LEt's hangout.
Holy cow- what a sacrifice for you. I love that little house you made. I need to read the book. I've been thinking about it for years. I know what will happen when I do. I need a new lens first. hahaha Seriously though, with Rob graduating and some income FINALLY coming in, it's time. :)
Post a Comment