The biggest collection of MySpace 2.0 Layouts online
MySpaceLayouts

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Do you ever feel like.....

Do you ever feel like you went to dental school, but you are trying to be an architect? I don't know what school I "went" to but being a mom is hard! It's like... why didn't I learn how to do any of this? How come this is so hard? Where was I supposed to learn the mom stuff- get the mom tools? Why can't I be as good at being a mom as I am at playing speed with a deck of cards, designing a layout, folding laundry, taking photographs, reading fast, interior decorating... cuz I can rip those up! Why can't I even have half those skills at being a mom? Being a mom is supposed to be one of the "most fulfilling things you women will ever do"- Is sucking at something supposed to be fulfilling? Maybe when I am 90 and my kids are still alive I can have a glimmer of a hope that I did something right. something more than just "well" with them.  

6 comments:

Vickie said...

A.M.E.N.

You have just described perfectly how I feel every day of my life.

We in Minnesota said...

Our children will survive in spite of us.

A couple of years ago, I realized I was a screaming mom. I didn't want to be a screamer. So, when my children are whiney, I say to them in a nice, but firm voice, "WHAT is that sound coming out of your face?" It works...for a while.

Also, when they are really getting pissey with me, I will ask them if they "need a spanking, a nap, a HUG??? What do you need from me??"

Raising kids does not really get easier as they get older. It just gets different and they get madder at you and stay mad longer.

Good luck.

Nate and Jacque Holt said...

amen girl. when you figure it out...shoot me an email with the details

April Nielsen said...

hjyThere have got to be a trillion moms that feel the way you and I feel...sometimes that makes me feel better bu tonly sometimes the rest of the time I am trying to figure out how I be different...It's harder when there are people around you look at you like you are THE worst mom on the face of the earth which happened only last night to me. So thanks for reminder that I am not the only mom that thinks motherhood is hard.

Justin and Kenzee said...

I'm sure you're doing much better at mommyhood than you think! But yes, I feel the same way most of the time. At least you're continually doing fun things so that you're close to them (crap hour, etc.).

Anonymous said...

Right there with ya. I was telling Steve just a couple nights ago- "I never would have guessed just how terrible I would be at being a mom. Not in a million years did I think I'd be so bad." I don't remember much of my childhood- maybe they won't either.